Wednesday 26 March 2014

About Me

Share it Please

So Alysia from littlepocketbooks asked her readers this question and I thought it would be fun to answer! I thought this was quite interesting so if you are reading this and want to do this too, by all means, please! I'd really like to read your answers too!

1. Name please. If you have a nickname tell me what it is and where did you get it from.
Theoretically my Name is Stella-Marie, but usually I only go with Stella and I sign with Stella-M. The only ones how call me Stella-Marie are family members. I just think it's too long... But when translated from Latin into German you get starfish which, I think, is rather funny :)



2. Which city, state, county are you in right now?
I'm in Munich, Germany

3. Name three things on your left.
My half finished drawing of Jane Eyre, a purple pencil and my cellphone.

4. How many books do you read a month on average? 
 Maybe about 3-4? But I was so stressed out the last two weeks so it's only going to be maybe 2 this month.

5. If you could change one thing about the last book you read, what would it be? Tell us the name of the book too.
The last book I read was "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown and I'd change very many things, but I wish Dan Brown had at least said what happened to Sophie after the last book. All in all it was a bit cliché and sometimes predictable. I hope the next one, "Inferno", will be better.
  
6. Do the books you read influence your dreams at night? 
I don't know, honestly. Especially during school time I can never remember them, but I think I dreamt about Sherlock Holmes a few times, but rather the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock...

7. How are you doing on your reading challenges? How many did you sign up for? 
None! I should probably look into that though. Which ones do you recommend?

8.  If you have 2 extra hours a day that no one else could get, what would you do?

Well, I'd read, I'd draw, that sort of thing. I'd definitely catch up with my TV-Shows and maybe start a few new ones. And actually, a few hours more a day are a wishful dream of mine, I'd get so muh more done.

9.  Is there a book on your bookshelf not getting any love at all from you and the book blogging community?  If so, shout it out.
I've had "Nanjing Requiem" by Ha Jin on my bookshelf for a year or so without reading and a things doesn't seem to get much love from the blogging community are travel journals. I really enjoy those! One I've recently read and liked would be "On the Noodle Road - from Beijing to Rome with Love and Pasta" from Jen Lin-Liu, it's an interesting journey about food and cultures from Asia, the middle East, eastern Europe and finally southern Europe.

10.  Each one teach one moment.  Tell us about an app, software, program you have just found out about and love.   
I don't know? I'm a purist when it comes to organising etc, I write in physical planner and make my weekly plans in Excel, I'm not really one for gimmicks or something and aside from social networks the only thing I use is Feedly, to keep track on the blogs I follow.

View Post >>

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stella- M! Thank you for posting this. I love finding out about other bloggers and welcome to the book blogging community. You are off to a great start with this cute blog design.
    #3 Wow!!! You are an amazing artist.
    #7 Go to Novel Challenges page. There are a million to pick from. A million!!!! http://novelchallenges.blogspot.com/ The also have read-a-long and read-a-thons listed through out the year.
    #9 I loved travel journals and I have no idea why I stopped reading them. Thanks for reminding me. I have to get into them again. I will check out On the Noodle Road.
    #10 I love Feedly too! I love the save option. It helps with my Sunday post as well.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am a new follower for life.

    P.S.
    Here are a few blog events you should check out.
    Bloggiesta http://bloggiesta.com/
    Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon http://24hourreadathon.com/
    Bout of Books http://boutofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow The Author